Healthtech on the Rise: How Technological Advancements in Delivery are Revolutionizing Healthcare
Source: Advisors Magazine | Mar 12, 15:28 pm
Logistics in healthcare is constantly changing, and it’s mostly due to advances in new and improved delivery technologies. This evolution is quickly bringing us to the next wave of the delivery landscape, an age where drones, automation and robotics all co-mingle. Several industries are poised to benefit from these technological advances, including one of the world’s most significant: the healthcare industry.
“The number one goal of the healthcare industry is to improve patient outcomes, but few people think about the role logistics providers play in achieving this,” says Dan O’Toole, founder and chief executive officer of Dronedek. “We’ve found that getting samples to a lab sooner or much-needed medicine to a patient faster, while limiting potentially harmful contaminations or exposures, is a huge win.”
There are numerous reasons why people and organizations are moving toward using more advanced delivery technologies. Autonomous and drone delivery services, robotics and automation are steadily becoming more prevalent in the healthcare industry, and for good reason. This emergence of new technologies has taken little time for people to begin seeing benefits. As one of the largest industries in the country, the healthcare sector serves a vast population. Even gaining small efficiencies can add up quickly.
Here are 5 ways technological advances in delivery will benefit the healthcare industry:
· Improved response times. Technology can save lives by providing faster response times for emergency medical deliveries, such as supplies, samples or tissues. Dronedek smart mailboxes, for example, can provide a secure location for delivery services to safely and securely drop off emergency medical supplies, ensuring they are readily available when needed.
· Reduced transportation costs. Robotic delivery and automation can help reduce transportation costs and carbon emissions associated with traditional delivery methods. Dronedek smart mailboxes can help services optimize delivery routes to lower transportation costs and decrease carbon emissions, improving the efficiency and sustainability of the entire healthcare supply chain.
· Reduced exposure. Using a smart mailbox enables and improves the contactless delivery of medical supplies, helping mitigate the spread of infectious diseases by limiting human contact in the delivery process. This technology also reduces the risk of unwanted exposures to contagious diseases while protecting the health of carriers, healthcare workers, and patients.
· Improved patient care. Robotic delivery and automation can improve patient care by reducing the time between when a prescription is written and when medication is delivered. Smart mailboxes enable automated medication delivery, ensuring that patients receive their medication promptly and efficiently.
· Environmentally friendlier. Automated delivery technologies can optimize the entire supply chain, helping reduce the number of fossil fuel burning delivery vehicles on the roads, lowering adverse environmental impacts. The environmental impact of pairing autonomous deliveries to Dronedek smart mailboxes has the potential to remove around 3,000 delivery trucks from roads yearly per smart mailbox.
“Once people see a better, more efficient, cost-saving way, there’s usually no going back,” adds O’Toole. “It just makes good business sense to seek out the best technologies available in the industry. It’s better for those businesses and for the people they’re serving.”
Additionally, new technologies will benefit the healthcare industry by increasing safety, improving supply chain management, streamlining services, reducing error rates, increasing efficiency, improving patient care and more.
Overall, Dronedek smart mailboxes can enhance the entire delivery ecosystem by providing smart and secure locations for medical supplies, optimizing delivery routes, and enabling real-time tracking to better monitor the movement of goods and supplies. As delivery robots and drones continue revolutionizing how medical supplies are transported, Dronedek smart mailboxes are positioned to play a vital role in the delivery process by ensuring the safe and reliable delivery of critical medical supplies and packages to secure destinations.
Dubbed the “mailbox of the future,” Dronedek’s smart mailbox will help people and businesses send and receive their packages safer and more securely while providing improved user privacy. To-date, Dronedek has raised more than $8 million from roughly 4,700 investors on the road to bringing their smart mailboxes to the market. The company has announced several integrations and partnerships across its MaaS (Mailbox-as-a-Service) ecosystem, including drone provider Hush Aerospace and network provider Helium.
To see videos of Dronedek in action, visit Dronedek: The Next Generation Mailbox and New Dronedek Smart Mailbox. To learn more about Dronedek, visit the site: https://www.dronedek.com.
About Dronedek: Dronedek is one of the first companies in the world to build smart mailboxes and a Mailbox-as-a-Service (MaaS) platform made for automated package security for both traditional and autonomous delivery providers. An app controls everything from when the smart mailbox is opened for delivery and retrieval to its emergency alarm features. Each patented smart mailbox provides a safe, secure place for deliveries that offer complete protection from the weather and would-be package thieves. The company was founded by Dan O’Toole, a patent holder and serial entrepreneur, and is based in Indianapolis, Indiana. Learn more at: https://www.dronedek.com.