PRESS RELEASE | Published February 24, 2023 |Source: digitaljournal.com
Indianapolis, IN – February 24, 2023 – Dronedek, which pioneered the Mailbox as a Service (MaaS) platform as well as smart and secure mailbox solutions for consumers and businesses, has announced that it has raised over $520,000 from more than 300 investors in its latest equity crowdfunding campaign.
More than 1.7 million packages are stolen from U.S. porches and properties each day, and Dronedek’s climate-controlled smart mailboxes work with traditional carriers, ground robotics, and drone delivery services for businesses and consumers to protect packages from theft and the elements. Speed, convenience, and security are all critical components of the company’s mission and have been key elements of device designs since Dronedek first patented the idea in 2014.
“We set an ambitious target for this campaign knowing we launched in a turbulent economy,” said Dronedek founder and CEO Dan O’Toole. “We’re gratified by the return investors as well as new ones we’ve attracted, whose support means we will certainly have products in the field in the coming months.”
Dan O’Toole outlined new developments since the crowdfunding campaign began, saying that the company:
• Is finalizing plans to launch a pilot project at a major U.S. hospital campus that will test using Dronedek smart mailboxes to maximize efficiency and security in transferring human tissue samples to labs.
• Will exhibit in April at Purdue University’s #AviationDay
• Is planning a major announcement to present in May at the XPONENTIAL conference, a gathering of professionals involved in the autonomous and robotics technology sector and a showcase of the latest technology and research.
• Celebrated the January election of Dronedek VP of Business Development Lora O’Toole as president of the Rocky Mountain chapter of the Association of Uncrewed Vehicle Systems International, the largest nonprofit organization dedicated to the advancement of uncrewed systems and robotics
• Celebrated in February the six-month anniversary since local USPS carriers in Lawrence, Ind., first delivered first-class mail to Dronedek smart mailboxes. The postal delivery is part of a pilot project involving several Dronedek smart mailboxes, which are powered by Oracle, throughout the city.
“We’re showcasing how this mailbox is ready right now for traditional delivery and what it can do in the near future when federal regulations are relaxed to enable autonomous delivery across the country,” O’Toole said. “We’re also marking the start of secure autonomous package delivery. It’s historic.”
Overall, Dronedek has raised more than $8 million from more than 4,700 investors and announced over ten integration partnerships utilizing its unique platform.
For more information about Dronedek and its crowdfunding campaign, please visit the StartEngine page.
Company Name: Dronedek
Contact Person: Cheryl Reed
Email: Send Email
Phone: (317) 446-5240
Address:7601 E 88th Pl, Building #3
State: IN 46256
Country: United States